Cooking with Jack – “Recipe Ripoff” Subway Chocolate Chip2012-12-04
Cooking with Jack – “Recipe Ripoff” Subway Chocolate Chip
Subway Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients * 2 sticks of margarine, at room temperature (each stick is 1/2 cup)
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
* 1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
* 2 cups of self-rising flour
Subway Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1. Sift the flour and set it aside.
2. Cream together the sugars, vanilla extract, salt, and butter until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs into the mixture one at a time, beating well after each added egg.
4. Add in the sifted flour, 1/2 cup at a time, while beating the mixture.
5. Refrigerate the dough for one hour in a covered bowl.
6. Scoop a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball, and flatten slightly.
7. Place the flattened balls onto a cookie sheet and freeze until solid. The frozen cookies can be baked immediately, or stored in an airtight container for up to a year.
8. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cookies on the baking sheet, allowing 2 inches between each cookie.
10. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until they just begin to brown. Do not overcook, as Subway’s chocolate chip cookies are soft and