Cooking with Jack – Football Finger food 32012-12-04
Cooking with Jack – Football Finger food 3
* 15 jalapenos, preferably red, cut in 1/2, seeded and deveined
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 2 pounds mild Italian sausage, casings removed
* 1/4 cup minced red onion
* 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
* 3 tablespoons minced garlic
* 2 table spoons of ricotta cheese
* 2 cups mascarpone or cream cheese
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
* Salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F and set a rack in the middle of the oven.
Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Turn broiler on medium.
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Add the sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook to soften for about 5 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add mascarpone, Ricotta and Parmesan. Mix ingredients thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese.
Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers in oven and broil until mozzarella cheese melts.