Cooking with Jack – Beer Can Chicken2012-12-04
Cooking with Jack – Beer Can Chicken
Jack does 2 beer can chickens with Borracho Chicken Cooker from Lakeside.com
Here is how he made it them This recipe is for 1 beer can chicken:
1 fryer chicken
1 can of beer
3 garlic cloves
favorite rub seasoning
a beer can cooking rack
1. remove innards of Chicken, rinse inside and out and pat dry with paper towel.
2. coat entire outside of chicken with olive oil
3. rub seasoning inside and out of chicken
4. open beer can. Pour out 1/2 of beer (or drink 1/2), put 3 cloves of garlic in can w/ beer
5. set beer can on beer can cooker
6. place chicken cavity over beer can. Move legs around to help balance.
Cook on indirect heat (oven or bbq) @300 degrees for 2 hours or until thigh meat is 180 degrees F.
Let chicken set for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.