Sweet and Salty Olive, Grape and Fig Tapenade2013-02-21
- Serves: 10
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 45m
- 1/3 Cup Dried Black Mission Figs, stems removed and figs diced
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Green Spanish Olives, pitted
- 1 Teaspoon Capers
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Grainy Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Orange Zest
- 1/4 Cup Grape Jam
- 1/3 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Put the dried figs in a medium saucepan along with the water over medium low heat. Cook until the figs are very soft and plump, about 35 minutes. Scoop out the figs and keep the liquid.
Put the figs, olives, capers, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, orange zest, and rosemary in a food processor and puree until its pasty. Then add in the grape jam, and olive oil and process until smooth. If it's too thick, add a few tablespoons of the poaching liquid. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Serve with a cheese platter and lots of crispy crackers.