Marinated Goat Cheese Appetizer2012-11-27
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 2:0 h
- Cook Time: 0m
- Ready In: 2:30 h
Marinated Goat Cheese is my all-time favourite appetizer. The combination of ingredients offers the most spectacular burst of flavour, and is definitely an easy, yet sophisticated experience.
- 6 Ounces Fresh Goat Cheese in log form
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 12 Pimento Stuffed Green Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sliced Baguette, plain or multi-grain
Cut the goat cheese log into 4 equal parts. Place in bottom of a shallow dish with lid. Combine the vinegar, garlic, fresh thyme leaves, pepper, olives and olive oil until well blended. Pour over goat cheese, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours, up to several days.
Before serving, warm to room temperature for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
To serve: Place one portion of goat cheese on a small plate, mounding the olive mixture on top. The oil and vinegar will pool for dipping. Offer a basket of fresh baguette slices along with individual spreaders to smooth the goat cheese mixture on with. Enjoy!
Try using garlic stuffed olives, or olives marinated in hot peppers for example for a change of pace.