Chorizo and Cabbage Soup2012-12-03
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 50m
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Leeks, halved and sliced
- 2 Carrots, halved and sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery, halved and sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoons Dry Thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Litres Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Pound Chorizo Sausage, 1/4" slices
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
Heat a large pot, melt butter. Add leeks and sauté for about 10 minutes.
Add the carrots, celery and thyme and cook for a few minutes.
Add the flour, cook for about 5 minutes. Add the wine. When the smell of the alcohol disappears add the chicken broth slowly, whisking. Add the chorizo, potatoes, cabbage, salt and a bay leaf.
Add the chorizo, potatoes, cabbage, salt and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat add the Cayenne and black pepper, taste for salt and add if necessary. Remove bay leaf. Top with parsley and enjoy!